Breathtaking reefs, pearly-white beaches and the oldest rainforests in the world. Mountains and minarets. The Petronas sky-scrapers and fisherman's sampans. Malaysia really is Truly Asia.
In fact, Malaysia offers two countries for the price of one. The more populated Peninsular Malaysia, also known as West Malaysia, lies south of Thailand. East Malaysia, Sabah and Sarawak, which together make up the northern part of Borneo, can be regarded as the wild and wonderful East, a mythical throwback in time, where the clock stopped aeons ago.
So varied are the many many attractions, you'd need at least several months to really be able to take in Malaysia. We realize that very few are lucky enough to take a sabbatical, so we've listed below the creme de la creme of what Malaysia has to offer. You'll just have to come back another time for the countless remaining fascinating sights and sounds.
Malaysia's top 10 must-see attractions.
Malaysia, truly Asia!
- Petronas Towers, the tallest twin towers in the world
- The Kuala Gandah elephants
- The pristine Survivor Malaysia islands
- The Cameron Highlands
- The oldest rain firest in the world, Taman Negara
- The Fireflies extravaganza in Johor Bahru
- Melacca's colonial heritage
- Penang. Make sure you try the famous nasi kandar and cendol
- Sipadan, West Malaysia
- Kuala Lumpur, including China Town and Little India
- Bonus attraction: Kota Kinabalu :)
Sipadan - Sea Turtle Alley
Petronas Towers, the tallest twin
towers in the world
Orang Utang in West Malaysia